Magic Fairy Wands
I am honored and blessed to be a mother to two gorgeous girls. Yet it’s not simple to be a mother to girls. I am certain all mothers having daughters would agree with this. The young girls live in their own dreamland, in which they are the princesses. Obviously they are princesses in our lives as well.. They actually want to be treated like one, Dress like one, stay like one and eat like one.. Everything around my home is PINK, Glittery and very girly…. now and again I tease my hubby to be persistent with this; however he needs to live with a house loaded with females.
My girls like to go for play dates, dress up parties and picnics and need something exceptional every time. I have been working hard to plan for the dishes for them which makes them feel special and exceptional. They enjoy different themes, fairies, princess, pirates, animals and the list goes on… This composition of mine is dedicated to their princess theme and seeing this the young girls had sparkly eyes shimmering more than a precious diamond.. Look at this amazing and super simple delightful recipe which would get smile on your princess’ lips as well.
4 puff pastry sheets – partially thawed
1 ½ cup cheese (Any cheese you or your kids prefer I used Tasty cheddar)
2 tbsp milk (room temp)
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
Fairy sprinklers / 100 and 1000’s
- Preheat Oven at 220° C. Line up 2 baking trays with baking sheets.
- In a bowl mix beaten egg yolk and milk and blend well.
- Spread one puff pastry sheet over a chopping board or an extra tray; remember to dust the tray/board with some flour so the sheet does not stick.
- Brush the egg and milk mixture evenly on the sheet and spread cheese uniformly, then sandwich it with another puff pastry sheet.
- Press down firmly and using a pizza cutter or a sharp blade, cut strips of approx 2 cms width.
- Normally the puff pastry sheets are about 24 cms in width so we are looking at around 12 strips of 2 cms each.
- Now, twist every strip and begin setting them on the arranged baking trays at around 4 cms separated.
- Brush the remaining egg mixture and place them in refrigerator.
- Take the third sheet from the refrigerator and place it over a plate or board, using a 5cms star shape cookie cutter start cutting the shapes you may get approx 16 stars from the sheet. Now use the fourth sheet to cut more star shapes.
- Our point is to get 24 perfect shaped stars.
- Select the best 12 stars and apply the egg mixture on them topping it over with cheese. Sandwich them with another set of 12 stars, squeezing them down.
- Apply egg mixture on both sides of the star and sprinkle the fairy sprinkles / 100 and 1000’s on the stars (or if you wish on overall wand)
Time to Assemble:
Take out the strips from the refrigerator and attach the stars to the twisted strips on alternate ends by pressing them down.
Bake them for about 12 minutes till pastries are golden brown and crusty.
Tip: Try keeping the puff pastry in the refrigerator whenever not in use as leaving them out for too long will make them soft and soggy and the end result won’t be as crispy and crunchy as desired.