Finally, I persuaded myself to endeavor the most talked about GM Diet. It literally helps to lose 5 to 6 Kgs in a week’s time (from the information I gathered from friends and the internet).. So started with my fingers crossed and determination that, Yes I can do it.. When I cited the recipe of the Cabbage soup or famously known as Wonder soup I was not sure how it would taste, as it reflected very bland. Actually, a few people whom I know who have tried this diet, had followed the recipe given on the site and did not relish the flavors, so I decided to make some changes by adding a few ingredients which would make it at least taste like a soup. And guess what??? I managed to make one, which was not the best soup one would wish for, but edible enough compared to the stated recipe and I did not mess around with the rules.. Keep cooking and stay healthy…
Cabbage Soup/Wonder Soup
- ½ head cabbage chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 capsicum (red/green) chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 3 garlic minced
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herb
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 nutmeg grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley
- Greens of spring onions chopped
- 1 lt water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Take oil in a pot and once it’s hot add onions, capsicum, celery, carrots, garlic and sauté till the raw smell of garlic goes.
- Add tomatoes and cabbage mix well and cook for a minute more, the tomatoes start leaving their juices in the vegetables.
- Then add water, salt, mixed herbs, pepper, paprika, nutmeg and mix well, and keep the pot on medium flame to simmer. Let it simmer until all the vegetables are tender and cooked to your preference.It takes around half an hour.
- Adjust salt or other ingredients as wanted then add parsley, lemon juice and springs onions and simmer further for 2 minutes.
- Serve Hot
- You can make a large quantity and store in your refrigerator.
- Some people use stock, but it depends on how you want to diet. I was not ready to use anything pre-made, because of the salt or sodium levels, feel free to use as you like but if using stock remember it already has salt.
- You can even add more vegetables like zucchini or peas if you like.