My dear friend and neighbour Nuala shared this awesome recipe with me. I have seen many recipes on the internet, but this one was tested by her and tasted by me.. Thanks Nuala.
It’s a very simple and easy recipe. Banana bread comes handy with kids at home for their snack time or even breakfast. Top it with Butter, Jam or Nutella just tastes awesome. My younger one though prefers it with butter and vegemite..
You can even add walnuts to it, they just taste yum.. All you need to do is chop roughly the walnuts and add them to the batter.
Enjoy this easy and simple recipe for everyday cooking!!
- 3 medium or 2 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup butter milk
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- Mash all the banana’s with the help of a fork, and then add all the ingredients except the buttermilk.
- Mix everything well and Grease a loaf pan and before adding the mixture add in the buttermilk and mix well and pour the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf in a preheated oven at 170° for an hour. After ½ hour lower the heat to 150°.
- After an hour check the loaf with the help of the skewer or fork. For me, I had to keep it for more 20 minutes I reckon it depends on the oven.
- Once done let the loaf cool down for half an hour before trying to remove it from the pan and then cut in slices..