Pav bhaji the most famous street food of Mumbai, it’s a delight and yumilicously delicious!!
I am sharing this dish for just my collection, everyone – almost everyone knows how to make it. The only key to making pav bhaji according to me is cooking it on the stove for a long time. We relish the street side pav bhaji the most, according to me the main reason is their cooking for a long time on a hot plate.
The more we cook and mash the tastier it becomes as all the vegetables keep cooking and releasing their flavours.
Let the capsicum and the ¼ cups peas be crunchy.
More the butter you add the tastier it becomes.
You can even add cheese on the top if you like it cheesy and more sinful!!
Apply butter to the pav and cook on flat top on both side. Other way of making the pav is on the flat top add butter and in butter add 1 tsp pav bhaji masala and then put the pav on it and make sure the butter with masala is on all sides.
Enjoy the dish, serve it hot with Pav, onions and lemon slice!!
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 6 Potatoes, peeled
- ½ small Cauliflower, florets
- 1 large Carrot
- ½ red Capsicum
- ½ Green Capsicum
- 1 Zucchini, peeled (Courgette)
- 1 cup peas, soaked in hot water for ½ hour
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 medium Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp Asafoetida(Hing)
- 1 tbsp Garlic ginger paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
- In a pressure cooker add peeled and roughly diced potatoes, cauliflower florets, zucchini, carrot and ¼ cup peas. Top with water till all vegetables are soaked in and give two whistles.
- Once done using a hand blender mash the vegetables, leaving little chunks.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp butter and oil, once the oil and butter are hot add hing, cumin seeds as soon it starts to splutter add onions and garlic and ginger paste and sauté till translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, and mix it well and let it cook till oil leaves. Add tomato paste, sauce, red chilli powder, garam masala, lemon juice and then add mashed veggies to it. Add pav bhavji masala, ¼ cup peas and capsicum.
- With a help of masher, mash the veggies properly and keep cooking it. Let the veggies cook on low flame for around 1 hour.
- Add butter and cook for further 15 minutes. Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with chopped onion and sliced lemon.