No Punjabi Dinner is complete without a Raita or Dahi Item.. This is a simple and easy recipe to impress your guests.. So if the recipe is simple and easy then the writing needs to be also simple and easy..
Let’s begin making these Dahi vada which are very soft and melt in your mouth..
- 2 cups Urad Dal
- 1 inch Adrak (Ginger)
- 1 green Chilli
- Salt to taste
- Raisin (As desired)
- Fresh Coriander
- Homemade Jeera powder (Cumin powder)
- Red Chilli powder
- Oil to deep fry
- Soak Urad dal overnight or at least for 6 to 8 hours.
- Grind it along with adrak and green chilli to a smooth paste. It’s optional to grind green chillies in the batter, you can also slice the chillies and add it to the grinded batter.
- Add raisins and little salt to the batter and deep dry the vada. Make sure the oil is very hot and on slow flame.
- Fry the vadas till golden brown in color and remove on paper towel.
- Once all the vadas are fried .. Soak them in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the vadas by pressing them between your palms to make sure all water is drained out and put them in the serving bowl.
- Take enough yogurt that you can soak all vadas. whisk it well adding some water.
- Add salt and sugar to the yogurt and whisk well.
- Then pour the yogurt over the vadas. The sprinkle red chilli powder, homemade jeera powder and dhaniya and serve.